Forms And Figures Of Speech

This past spring I blogged about my intent to set healthy habits, and to fit into my pre-preg pants. Now that it's autumn, I thought it was time for an update on my progress, goals, etc.

Confession time. I have not been drinking 8 glasses of water a day. Some days I have forgotten to drink at all, and other days I have struggled to get in 4 or 5 glasses of water. This is partly because I have been drinking coffee, milk, and occasionally juice. From time to time I feel incredibly fatigued and headachy, and then I know I am dehydrated and immediately get some water. Sometimes being dehydrated has made me feel hungry, and I snack unnecessarily without thinking. I don't get 30 minutes a day of straight exercise, but I do get that at least 3 times a week. Carting children around helps.

The good news is... I fit into my old pants! So it would seem that part of the problem was simply my abdomenal "muscles" (I can hardly use the word without sarcasm) still contracting after being stretched from pregnancy. Mind you, there's still this unflattering fold of what I would like to call skin (but a critical person might call flab) that hangs over my belt... I suspect my body may never be the same shape again, no matter how disciplined I might be. And don't get me started about stretch marks and sag. *Sigh.*

Writing this brutally honest update has made me want to go do some crunches and count how many calories I've eaten today. Except I don't know how to count calories. And I don't have time to do crunches because I have to go shopping for dinner tonight. And there you have it, folks. Getting back the body of a 20 year old after having children is no walk in the park. But healthier habits, one step at a time, can be reached by anyone - even me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

By Request

The Fruit Of My Labour

"I Believe I Can Fly"