Sock Heaven

Readers of my last post may be anxiously waiting to hear the outcome of the sock matchmaking enterprise, so here's the update.

After finishing loads of laundry which shall remain unnumbered, my husband and I spent the last part of the evening folding and putting away clothes. Each lonely sock displayed itself in hopes of attracting a match. Each resulting match was a cause for celebration, and slowly the sock drawer filled...and filled, until my husband exclaimed, "I never knew I had so many socks!" Several times he insisted that a pair of socks was not his, only to realize they were newly bought over the holidays and had been missing their partners practically since he first wore them.

So when all the lint settled, there are no more than a half dozen single socks left, and many happy couples now have resumed residence in their proper places.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Fruit Of My Labour

"I Believe I Can Fly"

By Request