Recipes: Everyone Loves Chili

Chili is one of my favourite comfort-foods to make, mainly because it's so forgiving and leftover friendly. My own chili is hardly ever made the same way twice - I usually use beef, beans, veggies, a tomato ingredient, and whatever spices and seasonings I feel like at the time. My most recent chili, however, got a 10/10 from my hubby and was highly praised by our friends and their toddler as well, so by request I actually wrote down the ingredients. Hope you like it.

Daddy's Favourite Chili

1.5 - 2 lbs lean ground beef
1 medium onion, chopped
2 large cloves garlic, crushed
1 red pepper
1/2 bunch celery, chopped
1 can diced tomatoes (with juice)
1 can beans in tomato sauce
1 can kidney beans, drained & rinsed
1/4 cup Diana Sauce (Original)
2 dashes Worcestershire sauce
2 dashes Tabasco sauce
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
3 tbsp. flour

Scramble-fry ground beef until no longer pink. (Do NOT drain.) Add onions, garlic, pepper & celery, and cook on medium heat (covered) for 5 mins or until veggies are tender. Add tomatoes and beans, mix well. Add sauces and seasonings, stir, and cook another 2 mins. Add flour, stir well, and simmer until thickened. Remove from heat and allow to sit until cool enough to eat. Serve with fresh garlic bread. Serves 8-10.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

By Request

The Fruit Of My Labour

"I Believe I Can Fly"