Recipes: Easy Jambalaya

A Campbell's soup can recipe provided the inspiration for this recipe, which I frequently prepared in university with whatever leftovers I had on hand. I often used leftover chicken nuggets and breakfast sausages or hotdog weiners for the meat, and whatever leftover or frozen veggies I had on hand, with equally delicious results.

Easy Jambalaya

2 cans Campbell's condensed Vegetable Broth with Onions
1 cup minute rice
1 cup frozen peas
1 tbsp vegetable oil
2 boneless chicken breast halves, cubed
2 stalks celery, chopped
1 cup cooked sausage, diced
1 whole tomato, chopped (or 1/2 can diced tomatoes)
hot pepper sauce & black pepper (to taste)

Cook rice in condensed broth instead of water. Stir in peas, and set aside. Heat oil at medium-high in a large skillet. Add chicken and cook through. Add celery and cook for 2 mins. Drain fat. Reduce heat to low and stir in sausage, tomato, rice mixture, hot pepper sauce, and black pepper. Heat through.

Serves 4.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

By Request

The Fruit Of My Labour

"I Believe I Can Fly"