Back To Work

I'm happy to say my back is working again! I can get in and out of bed, roll over, sit up, stand, walk and twist without assistance, which is incredible given that I started this week almost completely immobile. This week has made me realize just how much we take our health and physical ability for granted! For a while I couldn't even get dressed or use the bathroom without help, and I started to think just how many people there are for whom that is a fact of everyday life. I am so thankful for my health and mobility.

The other think I've realized once again is how amazing our bodies are. The body is created with such complexity and innate intelligence, to tell us when something is out of order, and to heal itself when given the opportunity. By forcing me not to move, my body was telling me that I have not been taking care of it with proper exercise, and have been foolishly trying to do things beyond my physical ability. Now that I have had a few days of rest (and stopped lifting / carrying heavy things, having a lazy posture, etc.) it has been able to start healing itself with a little help from the chiropractor. I am thankful for chiropractic medicine, but even more thankful to my creator that "I am fearfully and wonderfully made."

What I have to do now is be more careful to treat my body with respect, feeding it well, exercising to build up its strength, resting it regularly, and not trying to make it do more than it can handle. Thanks for your prayers and support, and hooray for healing!

Comments

Post a Comment

Please leave a name at the bottom of your comment if using the no-login option - I like to know who I'm addressing! Thanks. :)

Popular posts from this blog

The Fruit Of My Labour

"I Believe I Can Fly"

By Request