Stayin' Alive!

Just thought I'd better let everyone know - I'm not dead yet! I know it's been well over a week since I last posted, and not much has happened in the mean time. It's difficult to get in the mood to share your positive and encouraging thoughts, when your thoughts have been rather less than positive and encouraging, largely due to depressing weather, teething cranky children, and insurmountable housework! There have, however, been a few bright spots.

1. We have our whole house to ourselves, for the first time since being married! When I married Prince Charming in 2005 we first lived with my in-laws (because our first house fell through), and then rented an apartment in the upstairs of a nice older couple's century home. We bought this house in November of 2007 (when Boo - my oldest daughter - was born), and have had tenants in our basement since we moved in. Our latest tenants are now completely moved out, and it feels like we just got a new house! It's pretty exciting.

2. "Cutes" (my youngest daughter) now has five teeth, has more than doubled her birth weight, and is getting to be so cute I can hardly stand to look at her. She makes me laugh. And FINALLY she is sleeping through the night, regularly! She sleeps in the playpen, down in the play room, which is kind of like her own room now. Sounds funny, I know, but don't knock it because it works.

3. After a bit of a culinary drought there, I created an amazing and original dessert last night. I call it Apple-Berry Grunt. Loosely based on an idea from Sobeys' Inspired magazine, but mine-all-mine and a big hit with Prince Charming and Boo. I think Cutes wanted some too.

So, here's to getting back into the swing of things!
P.S. If you have some free time and want to help me with some housework, CALL ME. ;)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

By Request

The Fruit Of My Labour

"I Believe I Can Fly"