Stuck Being Just A Mom....?

I came across a "celeb spotting" today of one of my favourite artists, Lauryn Hill, at a book signing with her children. It's good to see a famous mom going down-to-earth, putting her kids first and spending time with them. Then I read the article, and was appalled and disgusted. You can read it yourself here: http://tinyurl.com/dhxnje

I don't know if this sick way of thinking is a product of twisted feminist ideologies or of a "fame & fortune" obsessed culture. All I do know is that this devaluation of mothers, motherhood and family values is epidemic in our society. It seems far too many people have this idea that when a woman chooses to devote the greater part of her time to her family, she ceases to use her talents and abilities or to be productive in society.

What can I say to change this? I don't know. One thing is certain, our society needs to change NOW, before the family unit that is the basis of human survival goes the way of the dinosaur.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Fruit Of My Labour

By Request

"I Believe I Can Fly"